Google has released a new version of the Google My Business API, this one is version 4.2 and adds a nice set of features. The new features include the ability to verify listing directly on native platforms, new GoogleLocations endpoint, expanded search functionality of the existing Locations.List filters, chain membership and Product posts.
Google’s posted about this in the Google My Business Help forums saying “we’re happy to announce the launch of Google My Business API v4.2.” You can access the new API over here. Here is what is new:
- Verification APIs: List and trigger available verification methods for unverified locations.
- GoogleLocations API: Search for existing locations on Google to claim, or retrieve a link to request access claimed locations.
- Expanded Location Filters: Additional options for limiting the results returned from a Locations.List call.
- Chain Membership: Indicate membership of a location as part of a chain (e.g. Walmart, Target, etc.).
- Organization Information: Information for Organization Accounts will now display as part of Account objects.
- Product Posts: A new Local Post type, containing product related content (e.g. name, price).
- Reviewer Profile Photo: URLs for profile photos of reviewers are now included in the review object.
To gain access to this API, you need to request access.
One more tidbit about this new API from Eric Wu:
Given this is public now, you can see there’s an “Auto” feature for this API call https://t.co/7KPMae4v6y pic.twitter.com/U4myybUhuV
— Eric Wu (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و (@eywu) August 30, 2018
Forum discussion at Google My Business Help.