This week, Google announced that the Google Assistant has received a redesign or makeover. This makes it easier for you to get things done over voice or using your hands. Google also announced you can now make money using the Google Assistant.
Google said this is what changed:
- Bigger visuals that are easy to glance at quickly.
- New controls and sliders to manage your smart home devices. Use the dials to adjust your lights to the right brightness, or the sliders to control the volume of your smart speaker.
- An interactive messaging interface so you can use your fingers to add a comma, change a word or make any other quick edits as you compose messages.
- On Android phones, it’s now easier to access an overview of your day. Open up the Assistant and swipe up on your screen to get curated information based on the time of day and your recent interactions with the Assistant.
- Developers and brands now have tools to take full advantage of the phone screen. Starbucks now has thumbnails to select from recommended items on their menus, Food Network has larger images of their recipes, and FitStar uses GIFs to give you a preview of your workout.
Here is how the money operations can work:
To learn more, see this blog post.
Forum discussion at Twitter.